06 February 2004

Things I will Never Understand #1001

When a person does something that they know you most likely won't approve of, tells you all about it, and then ends the confession with "I had to tell you or else I wouldn't be able to look you in the eye any more".

What the fuck is this logic?!

Knowing that you have the choice of:

A) Engaging in said activity, knowing that at the very least I don't approve and more likely will commence activities of my own that will be detrimental to your mental and physical health.

or B) Just saying no

if you really give two shits about my opinion of things, why choose guilt-inducing A? Why value my opinion if you're going to do it anyway? What is this fucking pat-on-the-back tack-on of "Well, I did X which I know you reaalllly don't like, but now that I've told you, the guilt weighing on my karma has been negated by my honesty and I can look you in the eye now with a clear conscience."

The only thing you are going to be looking in the eye is my fist, motherfucker. Why?

Because honesty is not some fucking "Get Out Of Jail Free" card for the consequences of your actions. Nice try, but pedal that crack somewhere else 'cause I ain't smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment