31 August 2002

Off to Get My Ass Kicked

Being a Juventus fan in the middle of Rome is like having an affair with Dr. Kevorkian.

There are two footie teams (aka soccer) in Roma: A.S. Roma and S.S. Lazio. I root for Juventus (from Torino) due to the simple fact that when I first started following calcio, I was awed by Zinadine Zidane's skill and grace with a ball. The man danced with the ball like it was Ginger to his Fred. At that time, he played for Juventus , ergo, I started following Juventus. He left for Real Madrid a year later, but by that time it was too late; my loyalties were firmly placed with the bianconeri.

AS Roma gets on my tits, mainly due to that ponce Totti and their fans tend to be self-righteous little bastards. SS Lazio amuses me for some reason. The past three winners of the Italian cup have been Lazio, Roma, and last year JUVENTUS.



So I have less than 15 days to continue making fun of my friends and their squads, while singing siamo noi, siamo noi, i campioni di Italia siamo noi

I'd go into further detail as to why I hate Roma and tolerate Lazio, but I'm about to go to the stadium to see a Lazio-Juve friendly. Today at 1.30 pm was the last day of trading and selling players. At the last minute, Lazio's star defensive man Nesta (who is a fucking hottie) and a star bomber (Crespo) have been sold off, despite fan protests.

I'm not going to be surprised if the Lazio fans rip the fucking stadium apart. Suffice to say, I ain't wearing my Juve jersey to the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment