18 October 2002

There's no place like home

I have returned, with a sore liver and a nice bruise on the back of my thigh from pole dancing on top of tables in four inch heels. I shit you not.

What can I say? These little conferences tend to be exercises in imbibing mass quantities of alcohol after the "official" day is done. Business tends to start at the conference(s) and get finished in the bar. As for my speech, suffice to say if I shook any more, I would have fallen off the fucking stage. One guy even commented, "I thought you were about to cry". Wasn't far from the truth. Consider me traumatized. As soon as I got off stage I went straight to the bar and downed a Jack Daniels on the rocks. Ick. Ugh.

But all in all, things went well. I am *so* happy to be home, though. Roma is my drug, and like an addict, I start to twitch after being gone for work for so long. It's not quite as bad when I am travelling for myself, as I do have an itchy wanderlust. But when you are too busy working to actually see where you are, it's just not the same.

Anyway, updates will still be sporadic for the next few months, as I have a backlog of work to catch up on, as well as new responsibilities and other fun stuff like that.

Non vedevo l'ora a ritornare a Roma. Quanto mi mancava questa città e l'atmosfera unica da cui mi ne sono propio innamorata. Sono nata americana, ma il mio cuore ormai è italiano, anzì, romano.

No comments:

Post a Comment