16 May 2013

Palpitations

It's official - we can no longer turn our backs for a second with Peanut cooing at her toes in the middle of our bed because in the blink of an eye she'll roll off the edge.

She's been sitting up on her own for abut 6 weeks now and had figured out rolling over about the same time. But until now she's eschewed rolling; homegirl mastered sitting and wants to skip crawling and go straight to walking, wanting to constantly hold our fingers as she wobbles on her chubby legs.

The night after she got over the random fever, during a night time boob session Peanut and I both fell asleep; nothing out of the ordinary as that's a habit we've gotten into since she was born, especially the last 4 or 5am feeding where Mamma is a zombie with tits.

Sleep came to an abrupt end as I felt her begin to roll out of my arms. Nothing like a minor heart attack to bring you fully awake. She smacked her head against the nightstand and gained her first bump. Mon Amour groggily inquired as to the cause of her wailing, and when I told him she bumped her head, he grunted and rolled back over. Later he told me that he barely remembered waking up. Peanut settled herself down by snarfling against my boobs, latched on for a bit and then promptly fell back asleep.

I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck and couldn't fall back asleep. Not that I tried. I was too busy Googling infant concussion symptoms and peering at her bump between putting cold washcloths on it. I don't think my heart stopped pounding for 24 hours straight.

I got a day of what passes for normalcy nowadays and then she pulled the aforementioned rolling off the bed trick in the time it took me to step out on the balcony intending to pull in the dry laundry. No bump this time and luckily our bed is fairly low to the ground, but man, in the space of 3 days she added a few more to my collection of greys.

Lil' Miss Evil Knievel then proceeded on Mother's Day to pull herself up to her knees in her crib. Happy Mother's Day to me, it's time to babyproof the house already...

No comments:

Post a Comment